I love New Year's Day. Aside from being my dad's birthday, it's a day filled with so much promise. First, I'll take down the Christmas tree down and carefully put away the decorations leaving a few things out to chase away the winter gloom. I'll spend some time reflecting, and walk through the house changing calendars. A lot has happened this year - many happy times but some really sad ones, too.
You're probably looking forward to a new year with new possibilities, too. It's like we're getting a fresh start with a clean slate, and who doesn't like that?
However, sometimes we have difficulty moving forward when we see so many unsettled issues in the rear view mirror of our mind. Just like driving, you can't make progress when you're always looking back. Maybe it's time you let go of some of that baggage that's keeping you from living out your purpose.
In the New Testament book, Philippians 3:13, 14, it says", But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and stra...
Here’s 10 good reason why you should be drinking green tea each day.
1. It’s loaded with powerful antioxidants that protect your cells from damage.
2. It improves brain function and makes you smarter.
3. It increases your potential to burn fat & improves physical performance.
4. It may lower your risk of different types of cancer.
5. It may protect the brain & lower the risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
6. It can kill bacteria and improve dental health.
7. It may lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
8. It may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
9. It may help you lose weight.
10. It may decrease your chances of dying prematurely from other diseases.
Drinking at least 3 cups a day will greatly improve your health. Not a hot tea drinker? That’s
easy, pour it over ice for a refreshing cold drink. I like to add a couple drops of an essential oil
like peppermint, clove, or cinnamon to add great flavor and even more powerful benefits.
Green tea contains less caffeine th...
During any busy season, whether it's the holidays, kid's ball games, or a house full of kids, you have to take time to take care of yourself in order to keep your sanity. This is not an option, it's a necessity! I know what you're thinking, but I had 4 kids in 8 years. Thankfully, I used some of these tips to help me find some quality time so I could meet the needs of my family.
Here are some tips to help you, or someone you love, to find that time.
1. Invite a friend over who has kids of similar age, so the kids can play and you can have some adult time.
2. Befriend an older woman or couple and build a close relationship for you and your children. When my kids were young, an older lady in my church would occasionally invite the young moms and their children to her house for lunch. She would pamper us with a delicious meal on fine china, while she sat at a separate table with the kids and had a tea party. We always left happy and refreshed and ready to meet any demands that came ou...